Biggie & Frank’s Pet Food Bank distributes dog and cat food as well as small animal food to pet owners who are having a difficult time providing adequate food for their pets because of temporary economic or other personal challenges.
Biggie & Frank’s Pet Food Bank hosts a mobile pet food bank which visits different areas on different days.
We distribute dog food, cat food, cat litter and depending on the donations on hand we sometime even have treats, toys and gently used pet supplies. Pet food is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. People cannot “order ahead”. We would love to be able to provide special medical foods and allergy specific diet foods but again, we are dependent on the donations we receive.
Biggie & Frank’s Pet Food Bank goals are to prevent animals from being surrendered to local shelters or rescues because of economic reasons, to keep pets with their owners and to keep those pets healthy and fed.
Biggie & Frank’s Pet Food Bank is entirely dependent on donations of pet food (we will also gladly accept kitty litter, treats, beds, leashes, collars and bowls) as well as the financial support of the community with the purpose of also purchasing pet food when needed in order to make sure people in the area don’t have to choose between feeding themselves or their pet.
Many people are facing financial hardships, medical situations, loss of job, and they find it hard to feed their family; let alone their beloved family pet. Sometimes they have to surrender or re-home the pet, not because they want to, but because they don’t know what else to do.
For many people who are marginalized their pet is their only source of emotional and mental support – to be forced to surrender a pet in a time of need is stressful to both the family and the pet.
Donations of any size are appreciated.
- Dog food (wet & dry)
- Cat food (wet & dry)
- Cat Litter
- Small Animal Food (rabbit, chinchilla, guinea pigs, rodents, lizard, turtle, fish, etc)
- Zip lock baggies (Dollarama) 20 qty for $1.25 blue box, XL size
- Bins or containers (many times when working with agencies I drop off food for the week using containers, and just exchange these weekly. Sometimes 1 or 2 go missing)
- Black permanent markers
- Gift Cards to pet stores (for when we need a specific food for medical reasons)
- Gas Cards (it ain’t cheap to drive all over Durham Region)
- Re-usable grocery bags / plastic grocery bags